━═★New Moon Blessings ★═━
The New Moon in Cancer occurs on Sunday, 21st June 2020 (with its zenith at 4.41pm, Brisbane Time). A new moon represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new lunar cycle. Although New Moon energy is focused during the four weeks following its zenith, the intensity of the New Moon can be felt from the day before the zenith.
Cancerian New Moon also occurs on the Winter Solstice (shortest day, longest night). Add to this potent inward, shadow illumination is the Solar Eclipse on the same day. This is a total solar eclipse able to be seen across parts of Africa, Pakistan, Northern India, Tibet, Northern China and Taiwan.
The spiritual connection focus of this New Moon gives you an opportunity to spend time developing and renewing your awareness of yourself and what you consider to be Divine.
Those who are water signs (Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio) or who have Cancer, Aries, Libra or Capricorn in their astrological natal charts, will feel this New Moon significantly.
━═★ What does that mean for you? ★═━
Cancerian energy is usually conceptually centred on nurturing, stability and support. It is considered a Divine Feminine energy – Grandmother or Mother Moon. As such, your attention will be torn between “mothering” and in shadow form, “smothering”. This New Moon encourages you to see what type of “Mother” you are – whether you have children or not – because the care, empowerment and action will be turning inwards.
It will be a battle of mothering stereotypes. The next six months will be influenced by your strength during this New Moon. Will meek and mild or freakily wild be your strength? How can you acknowledge and use these (and all the stereotypes in between) to your advantage?
Be willing to look beyond and understand your motivations this month. Take responsibility for your choices (past and present). Develop personal awareness without becoming your own worst critic. Learning the lesson will help you make changes for a more secure way forward. Be willing to change.
During the four weeks influenced by this Cancer New Moon, you are being provided with a new cycle of abundance. Are you open to receiving this? You will be confronted with your blockages and all that is stopping you from receiving. However, how you react to those blockages will determine your cycle. Would you choose to begin to heal them or would you strengthen those fears? Finding what makes you strong, will provide encouragement and support.
You may also notice that there are those who turn to you for encouragement and support. Are you willing to share your knowledge and truth? Not to be ‘better’ than others but to share your understandings to bless others.
━═★Ritual Healing Suggestions★═━
A short healing ritual you may like to try either as an individual or in a small group.
- A shell or pretty cup/chalice filled with drinkable water
- Candle – silver, green, violet or aquamarine – and candleholder
- Cancerian Crystals – (see list later in the article)
- Paper and pen
- Choose your sacred space for your ritual and reflection. Although it is preferable to see the night sky, choose somewhere where you feel comfortable and safe (which is ideal Cancerian energy).
- Set the items for the ritual before you. When distractions have been minimised, put on some of your favourite music, light your candle and/or light your favourite incense.
- Breathe gently and with awareness. Centre yourself.
- Say to yourself or out loud:
As I light this candle on this night
I ask the Great Mother to be by my side
For healing, grace, joy and ease
To use this Cancerian Moon Energy wisely, please.
- Once you feel ready, reflect on the benefits, blessings and balance you receive from your current friendships, connections and community. Where do you receive support, love and respect? Think of those who provide this for you in one form or another. Write their names onto a piece of paper.
- Reflect on how you support, love and respect yourself. How often do you do this and how do create the connection with yourself? Write this onto your piece of paper.
- Put the pen in a safe position in front of you. Take the piece of paper within your hands, holding it to your heart.
- Close your eyes. Be aware of your breath. When you are ready, visualise a serene and secluded beach. It’s just you, the sun, the sand and the water.
- Observe the landscape. Observe the ocean. Take the opportunity to paddle in the water, sit on the sand or to swim in the sea – to just enjoy this beach with all that you be.
- As you enjoy these moments of quiet solitude, think of what you have written on your piece of paper.
- Create a sandcastle. A ‘home’ for your friendships, connections and community. A space where you feel loved, respected, supported.
- When the building is complete, imagine the sunlight pouring love, compassion, respect, honour into these connections and to each of the people you hold dear to your heart.
- Allow the waves to wash gently over your sandcastle. Each wave cleanses, clarifies, balances and blesses these connections.
- Once the sandcastle has dissolved, give thanks to your connections, your Guides, your intuition and your imagination. Thank yourself for making time for healing and growth.
- Fold your paper on which you have written. Drink the water, leaving a small amount to sprinkle on the piece of paper.
- You may choose to keep your piece of piece of paper in your sacred space – along with some appropriate Cancerian crystals.
- Focus again on your breath – breathing gently and with awareness.
- Blow out your candle.
Some everyday activities which you can use to honour/meditate with this energy.
- Try out a fabulous new recipe for yourself and/or family and friends.
- Visit a Sacred Space (especially near water) physically or in your meditations.
- Be industrious – domestic goddess duties are highlighted.
- Indulge yourself with a sleep–in (but don’t miss important appointments!)
- Visit or phone your Mother or Mothering Figure. Honour her contribution to your life. If you are a woman, book a mammogram at this time – or start your monthly ritual of checking your breasts for lumps.
- Visit a nursing home or hospital, your workplace or favourite store – take a basket of goodies to share.
- In the garden, Moon in Cancer is a time of planting as it is the most fertile time!
- Recycle, reuse, repurpose. Hold a Swap Meet – remember, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
- Enhance your home’s comfort and security with repairs and maintenance.
━═★ Cancer Moon of Dreaming★═━
With the energy of this Cancer New Moon
My shadow self is under the spotlight
I hear it asking: Is this right?
Please help me search within and without
And then remove all my self-doubt.
As above, so below, let it harm none, please make it so.
━═★Suitable Crystals for Gridding★═━
If you are gridding, suitable crystals to work with this New Moon include: calcite (any colour), carnelian, rainbow moonstone, rhodizite, rose quartz, ruby, amber, chalcedony, emerald, aventurine. Rare crystals include: brookite, natrolite and tinaksite.
━═★Cancer New Moon Magick★═━
When the Moon is in Cancer, you may observe people, projects and places require extra support and nurturing. This is the most fertile sign of the Zodiac as Cancer Moon embodies the Mother aspect of the Goddess. Be aware of whether the energy is smothering or mothering – one reduces energy and the other expands.
Particularly beneficial for all forms of Kitchen and Garden witchcraft, this is a perfect time to buy or bless any magickal tools involving cauldrons, chalices or other objects you associate with Water.
The Cancer New Moon is beneficial for magick concerning:
- Understanding self
- Consecration rituals, baptisms and initiations
- Calling forth the rain
- Reconnecting to tradition, your land or to a particular pantheon
- Transition rituals related to puberty and especially menopause.
━═★ New Moon Healing Event★═━
This healing list is FREE for any and all who wish to receive Reiki over the 72 hours commencing on 20th June, 2020
The beauty of a healing event is that there is no need to ATTEND, only INTEND to receive its benefit.
A New Moon Healing event uses the energies of the New Moon to further personal and spiritual development. The easiest way to engage with energetic healing is to give your permission. I have a crystal grid set up and the energy has been asked to be sent to and received by any who wish to receive.
Receiving the healing energy simply requires your permission.
You do this by stating: I allow and receive all healing energy I require.
Some people like to take this further by:
- sitting in the moonlight and meditating
- creating their own crystal grid
- writing in their journal
- looking after their own body – water, sleep and recreation
- finding ways to express themselves
- encouraging themselves to be aware.
If you find yourself feeling anxious and fearful, put your shoulders back, breathe deeply and say out loud: “I am the powerful creator of my Universe. I choose my co-creators wisely.”
━═★ May the New Moon’s blessings be yours ~ Make a magickal day! ★═━
┊┊ ~ Caithe •*•♫