Will Scorpio sting during the November Solar Eclipse?
On November 13, 2012, the Earth receives a special treat: a beautiful Scorpio solar eclipse. These only occur during the new moon phase of the lunar cycle. The moon (due to distance from the earth) appears to ‘blot’ out the Sun. This leaves a view of the solar aura, known as a ring of fire.
Those who live on the Eastern coast of Australia (especially Northern Queensland) will have a beautiful view of the full eclipse. Yay! It means an early morning if you wish to view the whole event with the eclipse beginning at 5.52am and finishing at approximately 8am (Brisbane Time, EST)
Before we address the energetic effects, a note of caution. Please do not view the solar eclipse with your naked eye! Visit The Exploratorium (http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/how.html) to find simply ways to view the eclipse safely and cheaply.
In years gone by, Eclipses were seen as the hand of god – a sign of disaster. It reminds me of Chicken Little running around the farmyard while yelling “The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!”
Pfft. Of course there will be change! It may be unexpected and swift or it may be slow and unfolding. How we choose to react to these changes is the important part of our journey.
I’m drawn to the energies of the Scorpio sign itself to find ways for healing and ascension at this time. Read through this list and feel the energy of Scorpio – it centres within the sacral chakra and throat chakra specifically.
In lightness, Scorpio is determined and forceful, emotional and intuitive, powerful and passionate, exciting and magnetic. In shadow, Scorpio exhibits jealousy, resentfulness, compulsive behaviours, obsession, secrecy and obstinancy.
Phew. Potent, yes?
As I sat with the energy of the Scorpio Solar Eclipse, I am drawn to the healing chant I use in my moon rituals. I’ve modified the verse for the Eclipse:
We welcome the Eclipse in its Divinity
Shining on earth, sky and sea.
This is a time of healing, a time of re-birth
We Engage ~ Water, Fire, Air and Earth
We welcome Universal Divine Healing ~
Growing, Flowing, Empowering.
I feel a very strong re-birthing energy. It will affect those of us who are trying to take on the work of healing the whole world singlehandedly. You know if you are one of these as the weight of the world sits on your shoulders. You feel the Ascension symptoms, usually manifesting an auto-immune condition to help the body ‘cope’.
Be gentle with yourself during this time of re-birthing. We are going through changes quickly and rapidly. Take the time to pant a little, scream a little and know that through any side-effects of your body realigning to a new vibration, you will have a beautiful new you as a result.
If your astrological sun sign is in Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius (or they are significant in your natal chart), this eclipse will have a potent effect on your energies. (ps. If you are unsure whether they sit within your chart, please visit http://www.astro.com/ to create a short -and free- astrtological profile for yourself.)
How to minimse the energetic impact of the eclipse without minimising the healing
These suggestions are only a guide. Please use your intuition and knowing as to what is right for you!
• Carry opal or moonstone, Herkimer diamonds or Seven-stone. I’m also drawn to moldavite.
• Ground yourself – use a salt bath for your feet or soak in a sea-salt bath. Perhaps mix a little frankincense or cinnamon into the water for clearing and protection.
• Write your intentions down for new beginnings and offer them to the elements. Sprinkle with water, waft in the breeze, dust with sand/dirt and then burn them in a fire.
• Listen to a meditation
• Use Reiki or other healing modalities to re-centre and re-align your vibrational frequency
• Use singing bowls or colour to attune your body.
• If you use essences – utilise a clearing and cleansing essence. (I have been using the Celticai Clearing Spray on a regular basis!)
• Light two candles – one white, one black – during the eclipse. Send your intentions for healing and ‘newness’ in your life through the flame.
• Slow yourself down – take things slowly ~ eating, sleeping, walking, talking.
• Set yourself a routine and give yourself permission to reach the end of the day without having completed everything on your list.
• Drink 2 Litres of water during the day to help your body detox, declutter and align itself.
A Celticai Meditation is available at the Celticai YouTube Channel
View the Scorpio Solar Eclipse here at UStream:
May the cycles of the moon, sun and stars bless you and yours,